Monday, January 12, 2015

Spotify Canada : changing the way I listen to music

I have to say that Spotify has radically changed the way I listen to music. More than that, I listen to a lot more music now that I have it.

For years, I've dutifully bought my iTunes singles like most people, rarely buying entire albums. But keeping up with each device and which song is on which is not always easy and since all my devices are full, I was constantly having to delete X music from Y device but then later I'd want it back there. Oy. First world problems. (It's amazing to me that people once could only listen to music at home!)

Enter Spotify: I can listen at home, in my office, in the kitchen, while walking the dog, on the metro. I love it.

And I've discovered some excellent albums on Spotify. Some of my recent favorites include:



Beck: Morning Phase
Marianne Faithfull: Give My Love to London
Justin Rutledge: Valleyheart
Mary J. Blige: The London Sessions
Matt Alber: Wind Sun Stars
Orchestre symphonique de Montréal: Shoka Japanese Children's Songs
The Shanghai Restoration Project: The Classics
Shigeru Umebayashi: Come il vento (Original soundtrack)
Zbigniew Preisner: Dekalog
Ólafur Arnalds: Living Room Songs

Plus they have lots of contemporary Mando-pop, great playlists (I like the Intensive Studying one at work and the 80s Dance Mixes for the gym).

I hope this is the future of music because it's working for me...

One note: I don't use their program on my computer: it's too big and takes up a ton of memory so slows everything down. I just use the website and 95% of the time, this works fine. I do use the app on my phone, though, which works well.



No comments:

Post a Comment